Key Learning Objectives
- Review the various types of bridge structural inspections currently undertaken
- Examine the value of Routine Bridge Inspections regarding scope and frequency
- Explain the detailed inspection process and the value to a road authority
- Understanding the different types of inspections from simple visual to in depth examinations and where these are relevant
- Development of ‘Project Hand Over’ inspections – so that the maintenance organisation is not inheriting a ‘lemon’
- Structural inspections of other items such as sign gantries, retaining walls and noise walls, light spill walls, expansion joints and bridge bearings
- The common problems that are associated with particular materials such as timber, concrete, steel and masonry
- OH&S and environmental controls that affect assessment and methodology
About the Course
This course provides participants with a fundamental grounding in the key areas of bridge inspection as it applies today. The course begins with an introduction to inspections before examining each type of inspection and components in detail. It is proposed to revisit some of the old traditional practices and see how they have changed over the years.
Many new engineers are missing out on some of the basics before launching into semi management roles. It is intended that this course will give an insight into some of these practices.
With large contracts, the standard of finish on works being handed over is the lament of the maintenance engineer.
Who Will Benefit
Structural engineers who are keen to learn the basic skills in bridge inspection, Bridge inspectors and surveillance officers. Asset managers who may have limited experience in the fields of inspections and project hand over. Construction and maintenance foremen and leading hands who will benefit by understanding the surveillance that will follow.
When & Where
EM102- A Practical Guide to Bridge Inspections
5* Hotel (Name to be confirmed)
September 11, 2019
from 9 AM to 13:00 PM (4 Days)
This is a place to add small intro about instructors of a institute. A small intro is good and...
Melcome Fish DrivingMedicalTraffic
Qury is the founder member of DriveMe and managing our all institutes for last 10years
Qury Kyra Founder
A well qualified and certified instructor with 2 years of experience in teaching different lessons