Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the key items and processes in substation design
- Understand scoping, standards
- Be able to prepare the substation design criteria
- Preparation of specifications for the various pieces of equipment
- Be able to prepare design/site options
- Gain an understanding of the design requirements for earthworks, civil, drainage foundations, structures, and buildings for substations
- Appreciate environmental and stakeholder issues
- Understand the requirements for: control and wiring diagrams, voltages, ratings, protection, earthing/bonding, metering, SCADA and communication
- Understand inspection and testing considerations
- Understand brownfields design differentiation
- Review commissioning, start-up, operations and maintenance methods
About the Course
This introductory course in design fundamentals will guide you through a step-by-step study of the substation design and construction process.
The course will discuss various delivery models and the associated challenges. Transmission, sub transmission, distribution as well as private substations will be covered.
You will consider all phases, from initial site review and selection, all the way to substation start-up and commissioning.
You will gain valuable knowledge to help you:
- Developreliable substation designs
- DevelopHV installation specifications
The engineering function in substation development is generally more than just the furnishing of a design and specifications. This function becomes especially important when the substation owner/user employs an engineering firm to support the substation development on a D&C basis with a tight time frame.
Unique aspects of building environmental sustainability into site design and layout, structural design, insulation and protection, automation, process control, inspection, testing and maintenance are examined.
The course will provide a comprehensive discussion of all aspects of substation design exploring the issues, criteria and considerations required.
Participants will become more confident with aspects of sustainable substation design, useful during the development of preliminary and front-end studies for substations as well as during detailed design, construction, operation maintenance and start-up/commissioning.
Who Will Benefit
The course is intended for engineers, project engineers, technicians, and designers with an interest in the engineering, design, construction, operation and maintenance of HV electric substations.
- Substation design engineers
- Consulting engineers
- Industrial, planning, utility, or plant engineers
- Project managers
- Construction supervisors
- Engineering technicians
- Managers of design engineering departments
- Electric utility engineers involved in distribution engineering, operations, or planning
When & Where
EM103- HV Installation Planning and Design Principles
5* Hotel (Name to be confirmed)
September 11, 2019
from 9 AM to 13:00 PM (4 Days)
This is a place to add small intro about instructors of a institute. A small intro is good and...
Melcome Fish DrivingMedicalTraffic
Qury is the founder member of DriveMe and managing our all institutes for last 10years
Qury Kyra Founder
A well qualified and certified instructor with 2 years of experience in teaching different lessons