Key Learning Objectives
- Review the sections of API 579-1/ASME FFS-1 2017 used for assessing brittle fracture, crack-like defects, corrosion and creep
- Understand and apply background information on FFS assessment
- Analyse, evaluate and monitor pressurised equipment for continued operation
- Discuss damage mechanisms and the importance of identification
- Solve example problems on the practical application of the techniques incorporated in API 579-1/ASME FFS-1 2017
- Understand the relationship between API 579-1/ASME FFS-1 2017 and other FFS standards
- Appreciate the remaining life assessment, remediation, and methods to extend the life of damaged equipment
About the Course
Fitness-For-Service (FFS) assessment is a multi-disciplinary quantitative engineering approach to determine whether equipment is suitable for continued operation.
The pressurised structure or component of interest may contain flaws or other damage, or may be subjected to more severe operating conditions than anticipated by the original design.
The outcome of a FFS assessment is a decision to run the component asis, alter it, repair it, or replace it. A remaining life assessment may be performed as part of a FFS evaluation in order to determine how long the asset can be operated safely or to define appropriate inspection intervals.
This course provides training on the application of API 579-1/ ASME FFS-1, a standard jointly published by the American Petroleum Institute (API) and the American Society for Mechanical Engineers (ASME).
Example problems will be worked through to provide participants with a detailed understanding of the various FFS calculations.
Who Will Benefit
This is a technical course. It will benefit engineers and engineering management engaged in the operation, design, analysis, and maintenance of pressurised plant or equipment in industry. Job titles include: plant, mechanical, civil, structural, reliability and project engineers. Metallurgists and maintenance employees who design or operate pressurised plant or equipment that may develop cracks in service or at the time of manufacture will also benefit.
When & Where
EM104- Fitness for Service Assessment
5* Hotel (Name to be confirmed)
September 11, 2019
from 9 AM to 13:00 PM (4 Days)
This is a place to add small intro about instructors of a institute. A small intro is good and...
Melcome Fish DrivingMedicalTraffic
Qury is the founder member of DriveMe and managing our all institutes for last 10years
Qury Kyra Founder
A well qualified and certified instructor with 2 years of experience in teaching different lessons