Key Learning Objectives
- A checklist of things to consider when designing chutes
- Key aspects of material properties and their effects on chute designs
- Interpretation of your bulk handling process, flow requirements and sizing of chutes
- Layouts and design fundamentals – design challenges, pitfalls and traps
- Understand construction and maintenance fundamentals
- Safe chutes
- Special issues; samplers, magnets, diverters and splitters
- Review key equipment; blocked chute detectors, level sensors, cleaners, access doors, bearings for pulleys and drive considerations
- Key operation issues such as dust, spillage, noise, failure; how they are addressed, what they could cost
About the Course
The world is now dependent on resource development to supply the raw materials for our wants and needs. Few aspects of resource industries can avoid moving large volumes of ores and other bulk solids. Conveyors are commonly used for this purpose and are dependent on functional chutes to work well.
This course presents a step by step process of the design considerations that should be made to get the best from chutes
- What is the chute function?
- The impact of chute design on plant layout and vice versa
- Choosing the right type of chute
- Flow and trajectory requirements and where to get design guidance
- Chute components and how to integrate the design so that it all works and is constructible and maintainable
- Safety and operational issues including dust generation, spillage, noise and equipment failure
This course will look at the fundamentals of chute design, including a systematic approach to design, available design tools and software, specialists in the field of chute design, typical equipment used, problems that occur and what practical steps could be taken to diagnose, alleviate, or prevent them.
This course provides an overview and introduction to chute design considerations and principles as guidance for engineers and designers.
Who Will Benefit
Engineers and designers who work/have an interest in bulk materials handling
- New and graduate engineers
- Operating and maintenance personnel
- Project managers and operations managers for bulk materials handling projects
When & Where
EM109- Transfer Chute Design Basics
5* Hotel (Name to be confirmed)
September 11, 2019
from 9 AM to 13:00 PM (4 Days)
This is a place to add small intro about instructors of a institute. A small intro is good and...
Melcome Fish DrivingMedicalTraffic
Qury is the founder member of DriveMe and managing our all institutes for last 10years
Qury Kyra Founder
A well qualified and certified instructor with 2 years of experience in teaching different lessons