Key Learning Objectives
- Identify the basic design, operation and components of electrical supply systems
- Analyse the integrated electrical grid – generation, transmission and distribution
- Discover the constraints and limitations of electrical supply – voltage regulation, power supply quality, reliability and energy efficiency
- Recognise how renewable energy is incorporated into the grid system and the constraints imposed
- Review the cost of energy – a breakdown
- Appreciate the impact of increased efficiency consumer loads on the supply system
- Efficiency of energy utilisation – modern lighting systems and their efficiency- potential for improvement with use of DC supply,
- Analyse efficiency of transformers, overhead lines and cables
Discover the smart grid: What does it mean? How will it improve electrical supply?
About the Course
This course will provide an overview of the essential features of operation, both technical and regulatory, of the electrical supply system. Within the technical aspects it will also discuss energy efficiency and the ways by which it can be improved.
It will provide an understanding of the basic technical principles that govern modern electricity supply, including the constraints and limitations that are imposed and how they affect energy users. It will also discuss a number of energy efficiency aspects of utilisation of energy in applications such as electrical lighting and IT equipment.
The responsibilities and impact of the various regulators that govern electrical supply and usage will be discussed.
Alternative or renewable energy sources such as wind and solar generation will play a major role in future electrical supply systems and issues relating to their impact on the supply system and energy efficiency will be covered.
The concept of the “Smart Grid” will also be described and discussed both from the consumer and supplier points of view, including its potential for demand management benefits and equipment operational efficiency.
Who Will Benefit
This course will benefit all those with little or no previous experience of electrical supply systems who need a better understanding of electrical energy supply and utilisation and reliability and efficiency of the operational aspects of energy supply and use.
Roles include senior managers and executives, non-engineers with responsibility for commercial and industrial infrastructure, legal practitioners, financial analysts, consultants and representatives.
When & Where
EU107- Energy Efficiency Fundamentals
5* Hotel (Name to be confirmed)
September 06, 2019
from 9 AM to 13:00 PM (4 Days)
This is a place to add small intro about instructors of a institute. A small intro is good and...
Melcome Fish DrivingMedicalTraffic
Qury is the founder member of DriveMe and managing our all institutes for last 10years
Qury Kyra Founder
A well qualified and certified instructor with 2 years of experience in teaching different lessons