Key Learning Objectives
- Systematic overview of options for solid liquid separation, driving forces and limitations
- Understand the interconnection between critical material properties and process factors on thickening, filtration and centrifugation
- Classification of equipment according to applications and process requirements
- Critical information for selection solid liquid separation equipment (clarifiers, thickeners, filters and centrifuges)
- Bench and pilot scale testwork
- Solid liquid separation fundamentals including dewatering and deliquoring/drying
- Slurry pre-treatment (coagulation, flocculation, pre-coating) and post-treatment (polishing, transport and handling)
- Operation and trouble shooting of solid liquid separation equipment
About the Course
Solid liquid separation (SLS) and dewatering is part of major processing plants in the form of settling or filtration in clarifiers, thickeners, filters and centrifuges.
The huge selection of solid liquid separation equipment, principles and mechanisms requires a clear understanding of capabilities and limitations of available methods and equipments.
Understanding sedimentation and filtration fundamentals, including hindered settling, compression, filtration, deliquoring/drying and centrifugal effects is fundamental requisite for proper selection, sizing and design of SLS plants.
How parameters such as particle size, clay content, cake thickness, filtration pressure or centrifugal speed effect separation performance and also maintenance requirements will be discussed.
The course will focus on identifying what information is required, provide criteria for short-listing equipment types and how to interpret measured data and apply the understanding to new system design and existing operations.
You will learn about pre and post treatment with coagulants, flocculants, pre-coat, body feed and polishing options, filter selection, sizing, proper operation, control, maintenance and trouble shooting.
Who Will Benefit
Process engineers, metallurgists, design engineers and design project managers looking to improve their performance especially with more complex solid liquid separation processes and flowsheets within the mineral and other processing industries due to finer grind sizes, higher environmental requirements for tailings and more solid liquid separation options and processes.
When & Where
MN108-Solid Liquid Separation & Filtration: Theory & Practice
5* Hotel (Name to be confirmed)
November 01, 2019
from 9 AM to 13:00 PM (4 Days)
This is a place to add small intro about instructors of a institute. A small intro is good and...
Melcome Fish DrivingMedicalTraffic
Qury is the founder member of DriveMe and managing our all institutes for last 10years
Qury Kyra Founder
A well qualified and certified instructor with 2 years of experience in teaching different lessons