Key Learning Objectives
- De-mystifying terminology to provide a clearer understanding of the relevance of industry related information
- Improved knowledge of the inter-relationship between the various technical processes involved with the steel business
- Understand the impact of chemical and physical attributes of raw materials upon the steel plant customer to clarify the value-in-use of various raw materials
- The nature of the role of supporting services like refractories, water, power, shipping to demystify the complexity of the iron/steel process
- The environmental controls employed to improve understanding of the environmental footprint of the steel business
About the Course
This course aims to provide non-technical participants, with interests associated directly or indirectly with the mining, mineral processing and manufacturing industries, understanding of the processes involved in converting ironmaking raw materials into steel products.
The course will include an overview of the geology, mining and preparation of ironmaking raw materials in a global perspective.
A detailed description of the processes involved on a typical steel plant site will be provided. The impact of raw material characteristics will be highlighted where appropriate.
The course will also investigate trends in steel production practices and examine some of the possible future directions for steelmaking technology and equipment.
Recognising that the steel industry is a large, complex and important cornerstone of the economy in many countries, some of the major supporting activities will also be discussed.
Who Will Benefit
Anyone with interests associated directly or indirectly with the mining, mineral processing and manufacturing industries who want to understand the processes involved in converting iron making raw materials into steel products.
Mining company marketing managers, geologists and operational staff, finance industry analysts and investors.
When & Where
MN112-Iron Ore & Steel Making Fundamentals
5* Hotel (Name to be confirmed)
November 01, 2019
from 9 AM to 13:00 PM (4 Days)
This is a place to add small intro about instructors of a institute. A small intro is good and...
Melcome Fish DrivingMedicalTraffic
Qury is the founder member of DriveMe and managing our all institutes for last 10years
Qury Kyra Founder
A well qualified and certified instructor with 2 years of experience in teaching different lessons