Key Learning Objectives
- Discover the iron ore geological genesis, major types, typical grade and physical properties
- Appreciate the history of the modern iron ore industry
- Recognise global major producing regions and trends
- Understand extraction, processing and products
- Understand metallurgy and applications of iron ore
- Review land and sea transportation
- Identify major iron ore producers – operations, products and future plans
- Identify major steel producers – operations, products and future plans
- Explain contract terms and pricing mechanisms
- Appreciate industry issues – consolidation and international influences
About the Course
Chinese investment in the iron ore sector has increased significantly, with many of the smaller iron ore players securing major investment by Chinese companies in exchange for off-take agreements.
The iron ore pricing debate continues – BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto and now Vale are all singing from the same hymn sheet in suggesting that the old benchmark system no longer suits the current times and that a move to index pricing or quarterly prices is the way of the future.
On the other hand, many buyers are still insisting that the benchmark system be retained, but only time will tell as developments unfold. Come and gain an insight into the implications of this debate, and the potential ramifications for the wider industry and the global iron ore trade.
This course is your opportunity to gain an understanding of the drivers behind the industry, and the nuances of the rapidly changing market conditions. It will cover all aspects – from mining to markets, and examine the international setting and influences of this global industry
Who Will Benefit
- Senior mining company executives
- Directors of mining companies
- Financial industry executives responsible for evaluating mining projects
When & Where
MN114-Iron Ore Industry & Market Fundamentals Masterclass
5* Hotel (Name to be confirmed)
November 01, 2019
from 9 AM to 13:00 PM (4 Days)
This is a place to add small intro about instructors of a institute. A small intro is good and...
Melcome Fish DrivingMedicalTraffic
Qury is the founder member of DriveMe and managing our all institutes for last 10years
Qury Kyra Founder
A well qualified and certified instructor with 2 years of experience in teaching different lessons