Key Learning Objectives
- Understand shipbroking – the profession, its origins, purpose and commercial relevance
- Explain shipping abbreviations – their origins, meaning and the risks that their usage can bring
- Recognise alternative chartering strategies Understand the charter party – its usage, purpose and legal influence on a charter agreement
- Comprehend CFR vs FOB sale terms
- Analyse voyage estimating – how ship owners determine freight rates
- Identify laytime definitions
- Gain a working knowledge of bills of lading
- Learn about arbitration and litigation
About the Course
Shipbrokers are the key to a transaction between a ship owner and the shippers of cargo.
The broker is involved in many stages of a deal: presenting the business to potential clients, negotiating the main terms of a contract, finalising the details of the contract and following the deal through. Brokers provide clients with market intelligence and advice.
Charterparties are one of the key contracts used by brokers in the shipping industry – an industry worth billions of dollars. They are complex and detailed contracts, and using them with clarity and confidence will provide definite commercial advantage.
This course reviews the shipping industry in general from a chartering context, and touches on maritime law, insurance, charter party negotiation, contract documentation and post fixture operational administration.
This course is designed to give all those working with charterparties, including brokers, owners, charterers, operations department staff, lenders and insurers, a practical and commercial grounding.
Who Will Benefit
- Trainee shipbrokers and operations department staff
- Managers already in shipping and chartering to refresh on fundamentals
- Ship brokers, owners, charterers, government bodies, lenders and insurers
- Bulk commodity traders, purchasing officers for bulk commodities
When & Where
MP102-Shipbroking & Chartering Fundamentals
5* Hotel (Name to be confirmed)
September 13, 2019
from 9 AM to 13:00 PM (4 Days)
This is a place to add small intro about instructors of a institute. A small intro is good and...
Melcome Fish DrivingMedicalTraffic
Qury is the founder member of DriveMe and managing our all institutes for last 10years
Qury Kyra Founder
A well qualified and certified instructor with 2 years of experience in teaching different lessons