Key Learning Objectives
- Understand the origins and significance of VTS and the role it plays in the safety of life at sea and the protection of the marine environment
- Address the range of legal implications associated with both implementing and not implementing a VTS
- Describe the process for determining the need for a VTS
- Identify key VTS subsystems and describe their function within the overall VTS system
- Identify critical organisational and technical requirements for the implementation of a VTS in accordance with international best practice
- Analyse the status of VTS in your country and demonstrate an understanding of the next steps necessary
- Analyse case studies and demonstrate an appreciation of the role of VTS and lessons learnt
About the Course
This course will provide a useful insight into the establishment and operation of a VTS system. It will also seek to highlight key issues associated with the authorisation of a VTS and the appropriate delegation of this authority to VTS personnel. Through a review of case studies it will also highlight some of the emerging legal implications of both implementing and not implementing a VTS.
With VTS becoming more and more established globally its role and contribution to marine incident and accidents is increasingly scrutinised by accident investigators in post incident reviews. This course will seek to provide an understanding of the key legal implications associated with both implementing and not implementing a VTS.
The course will then focus more on the process of identifying the need for a VTS in a given waterway, in accordance with the international guidelines, and outline the stages that should be followed to ascertain the scope and design of a VTS technology solution for a given situation.
Finally, the course will review two shipping incident case studies where VTS is perceived to have played a role. Attendees will consider the actions of the VTS during the course of the incidents and the findings and possible implications of these findings for VTS in the future.
Who Will Benefit
This course is suitable, as a minimum, for attendance by the following industry professionals:
- State Maritime Administration Representatives
- Shipping Company Representatives
- Ships’ Masters
- Ships’ Senior Deck Officers
- Port Corporations Representatives
- Harbour Masters
- Port CEOs
- Ports’ General Managers Marine Operation
- VTS Authority Representatives
- VTS Managers
- VTS Operators
When & Where
MP107-Vessel Traffic Services (VTS) Fundamentals
September 13, 2019
from 9 AM to 13:00 PM (4 Days)
This is a place to add small intro about instructors of a institute. A small intro is good and...
Melcome Fish DrivingMedicalTraffic
Qury is the founder member of DriveMe and managing our all institutes for last 10years
Qury Kyra Founder
A well qualified and certified instructor with 2 years of experience in teaching different lessons